Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mini-Rant About Hate Based Christianity


I'm at work and the phone rings. It's my friend Gina, former Jew for Jesus, still Christian, but currently churchless. A mortgage broker who's mortgageless.

There's a theme here. It's a sign of the times.

The last time I saw her we were starry eyed about Obama, drinkin' the drinks and talkin' the talk. It's always nice to share an evening with someone with the same level of obsession.

I am still in shock that Obama won. For me to want something so desperately ... well, it almost always backfires.

My opinions are typically the kiss of death.

So the phone is ringing and I'm thinking she wants to bask in the morning-after glory of election night ... only it's not like her to bask during working hours. I picked up thinking it had to be important.

I had to pull the phone away from my ear - she was SHRIEKING. "THAT FUCKING CHRISTINE!!!" And she's off ... Christine is the person who has been sending me the dead and aborted baby emails. Sends these horrors to someone who never had one, never woulda had one and is past ever having to worry about it.

I only tolerate her because her non-psycho self has an animal rights agenda and ... well, who wouldn't go to jail to free a critter or two?

She will not accept that I am a Buddhist. Well, as you can plainly see, I suck at being a Buddhist. But that's where my heart is. I believe in Jesus too, but I won't tell anyone because I don't want the stench of those judgmental right wing control freaks anywhere near me.

So Gina says Christine lured her into a conversation that seemed innocuous but immediately turned to election results. Gina said something perky like "isn't it great! Our first black president!!"

Christine went nuclear - informed Gina that Obama is most certainly the antichrist, out for world domination(??), and Gina is not a real Christian if she voted for him.

SMOKE was coming out of Gina's ears.

SMOKE was coming out of MY ears from hearing that shit.

Gina told her it's UNCHRISTIAN TO JUDGE PEOPLE.

I told Gina it's insane to waste a moment of time with toxic people. I asked her which church Christine goes to, what church dispenses this level of hate?

Assembly of God in Cape Coral.

I would truly like to know if this shit is being taught from the pulpit or if Christine is just a rogue whack job. Because if this shit is being preached from a local church, the FBI had better start investigating.

Hate that runs this deep can easily be stirred into acts I won't even put into words.

Christine? If you ever run across this blog? This is for you.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice use of the snake video. Yesterday, I was listening to Mitch Albom's radio show on WJR as I drove home, and he was railing against radio talk show hosts on his own station -- John Hannity and Rush Limbaugh -- who are already in the same mode as Christine. They've got Obama wearing a turban, dancing around with Black Panthers in the White House, and shouting "Where's da white wimmen?" Mitch calls it Hate Radio.

mickisuzanne said...

Jerry

This stuff makes me just sick. And now it's like it's coming out of the woodwork. Tonight I got home and I got at least three racial jokes and one Muslim hate mail.

I can't take it.

Micki