Thursday, November 13, 2008

Full Moon in South Fort Myers; Lettuce Depart



I woke up at 4 a.m. with the moonlight streaming in my windows and I could NOT get back to sleep.

The Robe was on ... Richard Burton, Jean Simmons (not the one with KISS) ... I can remember being awestruck the first time I saw this thing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Robe_(film)

These old movies are hilarious 50 years later ... Richard Burton really didn't have the legs for a skirt that short; however, Victor Mature is incredibly hot spread eagle in the torture scene.

They are all so pious and reverent on camera ... you know they partied like pigs between takes. The guy who played Caligula comes across as gay as Elton John's poolboy; according to Wikipedia he's twice wed, so my gaydar must be off.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Robinson

God I love Wikipedia.

So after that it was the local news and some wolf-hybrid is loose in Lehigh killing cows. Full moon, a powerful wolf that had busted loose from a cop van ... they were telling people in the area to stay inside. I'm not making this up.
http://www.news-press.com/article/20081112/NEWS0103/81112107/1005/ACC

Comments are hilarious in terms of how many miles per kibble this new hybrid gets.

Made a salad for work before leaving. Put the dressing in a separate container. When I took the dogs out for their last walk, I set my bags on the ground near the driver side door and the salad/dressing on the roof.

You guessed it. I pulled out and had driven about half a mile when I heard a few thuds and looked in my rear view mirror to see a trail of romaine. The dressing survived intact.

That's as good as it got.

No comments: