Monday, November 10, 2008

Feeling Uncharacteristically VINDICATED

When McCain introduced Palin, my first impression was "she is every self-serving, credit grabbing bitch I have ever worked for." The Martha Stewart of politics.

In truth I have only been exposed to her type two or three times in my long career. Yes, I am blessed. One was the owner of Marketing Dimensions in my home state. In my head I always called that place "Marketing Dementia". This woman denied our request to hire a talented photographer because he was black.

Her passive, sweet-natured husband was poster child for PW and her son was so pampered kids at his wealthy private school beat him up at Christmas and shat in his hat.

I'm NOT making this up.

Those of you who wonder at my rages against Palin ... I knew her when I saw her. Women are DEEPLY intuitive when it comes to other women.

Sometimes you just have to trust us.

Now the media is catching up with Palin. Check this out ... AdAge called it "brand suicide." Here's an excerpt.

"Over at Slate, for instance, Daniel Gross, in a piece titled "The Day McCain Lost the Election," zeroed in three gross media miscalculations: McCain's clueless Sept. 15 "fundamentals of our economy are strong" declaration; his faux "I'm suspending my campaign" announcement of Sept. 24; and, beginning on Oct. 15, during the third presidential debate, his decision to fixate on the boneheaded (and factually incorrect) economic insight of Joe the Plumber (even as Barack Obama was soberly huddling with the likes of Paul Volcker and Warren Buffett).

In hindsight, yep, those were flawed, self-destructive calls (as were other major and minor screw-ups, like lying to David Letterman), but surely we'll see increasing consensus that McCain's real moment of ruin was his impulsive selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate."

Here's a link to the whole article, it's worth reading. (Even if the heading is about the worst ever.)

http://adage.com/mediaworks/article?article_id=132332

1 comment:

mickisuzanne said...

Thanks, very cool. I'll check it out!