Friday, October 31, 2008

I Hate Bigots.
























I live where someone actually posted this to a newspaper today:

"I AM SO PROUD TO BE A WHITE BLOND COUNTRY AMERICAN SOUTHERN WOMAN!! YOU ARE IGNORANT IF YOU DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN RACE!"

I went off.

Ultimately I was dogging two response boards in the Fort Myers News-Press,; I wrote this for one and liked it so much I posted it to the other:

"McCain is a war hero. I respect that. I do not respect the hateful tactics he has resorted to, his blatant disrespect of his opponent and his choice of Palin, who is allowed to fuel the fires of their mobs.

His supporters are mostly white - which is NOT what this country is. (Look around you and get over it.)

My choice treats his opponent with respect, his VP does not incite hatred and his loyal supporters do not send emails with dead and aborted babies. His supporters come in every color of the rainbow. And that is what this country is.

A vote for McCain is a vote for an old guy who cannot survive this level of stress. So then, imagine President Palin and the First Dude.

Does the world respect us now? Imagine what it would think of us with them in charge.

Get real. "

An hour later, not another peep out of either response board. It's a Friday ... maybe the bigots are belly-up at the tiki bars.

No comments: