Friday, October 17, 2008

The Last Debate; Complacency is the Enemy


The debate Wednesday at the Metro in Fort Myers was very nice ... but it was a fraction of the people who attended the second debate.

I asked my friends why; they thought maybe other Obama-ites feel we have it "in the bag".

No, we can't rest until this thing is DONE.

Anyhoo, after McCain's third "performance" (and behaviors since) I actually feel sorry for him.

Wink News was there at the Metro ... if interviewed afterwards I would have said "McCain is history. Obama will MAKE history." I don't mean McCain "is history" in that he's toast; which is not to say that he isn't. I mean that he has a true place in it.

But Obama will go on to greater things. He has the youth, vision and ability. With him as president, we will regain the world's respect. Maybe we will respect ourselves again.

Speaking of which - there McCain goes, digging himself in deeper every day. The "Arab" remark - something like "no ma'am, he is not an Arab. He's an upstanding family man." As if Arabs aren't. Holy crap fella. One of the most important people in my life was Arab - he was an incredible family man who just about adopted me and acted for many years as a father figure.

And then McCain referenced Hoover. As Grandma would say, "Criminy!"

These days, when people hear "Hoover" they think "vacuum".

On the personal side, there's a lot to be said for keeping a dream diary; they're better than shrinks for telling us what hasn't healed yet.

Last night I was half awake half the night from nightmares of past wounds. I rarely have nightmares; these so intense there was no need to write them down. I was reliving the worst events of the last three years.

I remember some years back I went to lunch with my mother, aunt and Gram; my aunt looked at me and said "you've had a really hard life."

Hell, that was YEARS before it got hard.

No comments: