Friday, September 19, 2008

President Palin?! Holy crap, warn the young folk ...


At our ad agency we were thinking about creating a television commercial that would poke fun at "change". When we realized, to our horror, that some of our coworkers had NO IDEA McCain has tagged onto Obama's promise of change!

One of the younger account people, a favorite of mine who is about 24 years old, admitted she knew nothing about either candidate but would probably vote for Obama.

It is not enough to use your instincts or follow those you trust, our young people NEED TO KNOW WHO WE'RE UP AGAINST!

They have more years of future than most of us! They have the most to lose! So - knowing she loves animals as much as I do - I wrote ...

Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:53:38 AM
Subject: You need to know about Palin.

Obama touched my heart right off, whereas Palin struck me as gum popping big haired trailer trash; until I learned more.

You need to know how dangerous she is because there is a huge chance she will be president if the old guy is elected. I sent the following email out last week, click the link. This is the TIP OF THE ICEBERG.

Palin thinks global warming is nonsense and has full fox pelts on the walls of her office. Imagine her as president. McCain is an old cancer survivor and he looked like he was going to pass out from stress on The View. I think Whoopie wanted to castrate him ... Deepak Chopra came out and called her evil.

Please get information to your friends. It's the young voters that need to come out and protect their futures. She will change this country in ways you cannot imagine. (She is an evangelical Christian, believes we are in a holy war and is pro-life. To me, backing the war and being pro-life contradict!! I don't understand denying abortion but thinking it's ok to send young men and women to die in a stupid war??)

Your generation needs to be VERY *&%ING AFRAID. NOBODY has more at stake than your age group.

Sorry for the rant, I have lived long enough to go through nuclear drills where we hid under our desks in elementary school (like that was going to help if they dropped The Bomb) ... I have seen Kennedy die and Martin Luther King die (my step-dad marched with him) and thousands of guys from my generation die in Nam and the riots in Detroit in the sixties where my black friends had to sleep under their beds because bullets were coming through their walls and a black man stepping off the sidewalk as I approached as if Lincoln hadn't freed the slaves ... but God, I have never seen our country perched on the brink of disaster.

Click the link. That's a hint of our future with McCain and Palin.

Please spread the word.

Micki

(Forwarded.)
As governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin proposed paying a $150 bounty for the severed left foreleg of each dead wolf. She has championed aerial gunning of wolves and bears and approved a $400,000 state-funded campaign to promote this awful practice.
Learn more about Palin's record online at:
http://actionfund.defenders.org/palinvideo

No comments: