Saturday, September 27, 2008

PRESIDENT PALIN AND THE FIRST DUDE

My letter to the Fort Myers News-Press ...

I DON’T THINK SO. At McCain’s age, in his state of health, with the extreme stress of this campaign and intense pressures of the actual job - Palin would most assuredly finish his term. Under-educated, unsophisticated and shrill … do you really want her and “The First Dude” serving as our faces to the world?

When news of her backing of aerial hunting of wolves and bear rippled through the internet, I started receiving emails with photos of dead and aborted babies. As if a vote for Obama was a vote for dead babies. As Ms. McNally so eloquently stated in her recent letter, “pro-choice is not the same as pro-abortion!”

I thought of retaliating to those emails with photos of our dead sons and daughters coming back from the war Palin supports as “holy” - but there aren’t any. And I would never stoop so low.

Tolerance? Let’s compare the blinding white of the Republican National Convention to the Obama Debate Watch I went to in Fort Myers Friday night. There were people of all colors, ages and incomes gathered together like FAMILY.

After a week of the worst national news in eight years, I think a lot of us finally got our HOPE back.

No comments: