Monday, March 3, 2008

Intuition, Recurring Dreams & Warnings from Mom

Yesterday was spiritually weird.

I have a recurring dream about falling into a canal. Not a river, not a canal like between houses ... more like the channel I physically found myself boating ON yesterday. Residences in the distance, utter wilds with mangroves on the other side.

Deepish water with tides and currents.

The BF wanted to go out fishing and there was quite a chop on the river. Get out to the bigger water and you're talking true danger, especially if he starts drinking.

The life jackets and cushions are in the v-berth, just a few feet away; but in boater-world, life jackets are for pussies.

I said I didn't want to go beyond the river and he got pissed off, said he'd take me home. I said "ok." (Yeah, take me back!)

I had a really bad vibe. And I told him so, let him think I'm a freak. He complains, but I think he respects my intuition.

So we take off up this channel. It was pretty gorgeous, but these dreams. This "new" channel is like the one I keep seeing in my dreams.

In the first one I am "dropped" into the water and I keep falling into the deep green seaweed and I am afraid for my life because of sharks.

In the second one, I don't remember the details - I'm not as afraid.

And in the third one (last week) I find myself in it with a lot of vegetation floating on the surface. I dive below and it's clear and light and beautiful. The water is pale blue and warm and the vegetation floats above like clouds. It's heavenly.

I think it feels like death.

And I rise to the surface and see a woman, also in the water. Her mouth is wide open with terror. I tell her "dive - don't be afraid. It's beautiful."

Anyway, the dream has me a little freaked. I wonder if my Gram is warning me from the other side. Or inviting me.

I told the BF I'm not afraid of death but I don't want to go right now.

The day turned out terrific, didn't really catch any fish but a school of Redfish (?) flashed under the boat like flying saucers; they were sideways as they passed in the current, their bellies flashing silver - and next came a huge blue-gray dolphin after them. He slowly rose to the surface and blew. I was just in awe. It was one of those priceless moments. And there were more dolphins as the day passed.

When we got back to the house I called my mom who lives in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. They've got deep snow, eagles, wolves and the occasional black bear. (Their biggest REAL dangers are in their pantry - her homemade pies and cakes are to die for.)

She worries about me.

I got a lecture on snakes. Am I careful where I walk? I stay on the sidewalk mom. I'm talking to the woman who has snakes in the cash register in her antique shop. They hang out with the electrical wires because they're warm. (I'm not making this up.)

Well, what about the spiders. She must have some unique satellite station up there on the dangers of SW Florida. Told me to check my shoes before putting them on and I said "they're thongs - if there's anything in 'em, I'll see it."

Thongs are an alien concept up in Yooperland. I remember her once mumbling something about "we never see peoples' feet here."

Whereas I am living my dream life ... except for the occasional Reebocks, I don't go a day without sandals.

No comments: