Sunday, March 22, 2009

EMAIL FROM A FRIEND


Connie is a total doppelganger ... we met online about five years ago when we were both sick as death with undiagnosed illnesses.

When I got sick I was making $92,000/yr. with a victorian home on an international waterway and a victorian commercial property on that same waterway. I had an antique shop and a career and friends and a boyfriend and ...

Connie was an award-winning landscape designer with great digs and big contacts.

I ... well you kow what happened to me. Finally realized I had pulled a deer tick out of my leg before I got sick and got treatment for Lyme Disease. Still, the IV antibiotics only did so much. Anger got me through the rest of the way. Made me push when I was afraid I'd have a heart attack ... made me say "I will not live like this."

Now I'm fine. So long as I keep pushing.

Connie ... they never really diagnosed her. She has researched and self-treated herself, with Sinatra Protocol and others. She watches her diet like a hawk.

I notice incredible cosmic similarities in our current lives and possibly past lives - strange parallels and cycles. She moved to the family farm to help care for her dying mother. Who is, of course thriving under her care. She brought something that was basically just acreage and old barns back into working order, raising geese for market. (One of those gourmet markets is the White House; Obama is a relative on his mother's side.)

To me the most amazing part is that Connie's mother BEAT her as a child. Treated her like shit. Put her through hell. Like me, her Grandmother was her salvation.

Connie is the only one of her siblings who would actually step up and care for the woman. And while her mother has dementia, she has the super-rare type where she is actually SWEETER for it. She has been a comfort to my friend. She manages to say the things Connie needs to hear when Connie needs to hear them.

In the world of karma, Connie deserves all good things this universe can offer.

Connie and I see the big picture in this world and "that one", past and present, now and future. So when I get an email like this, she blows me away.

"I thought I should check in on you now and see how you are dealing with the job situation etc.. You were one of three people who called me to tell me they'd lost their jobs. My friend Hanne lost hers when the paint store she works at closed and Teme's in hot water as well, with only her son and DIL working now, and her son worked for Circuit City- which also closed. Leaving her live-in DIL the only breadwinner. Fucking crazy.

My brother spent time letting employees go last weekend. My "Kentucky date" Don said his company stopped matching retirement contributions and took everyone back to a 35 hour work week. This is just horrible news to keep hearing from the outside world.
So. just checking in I guess.

The only good news from all this is that I can probably get someone to live here and work in exchange for food and shelter... the same thing my grandparents did in the depression at their farm.

Im still coughing. I sure would like to feel good again. I'm still so out of it that today I forgot to let the chickens out OR water and feed them. What the hell... I remembered only at 10 pm when I went to lock them in and realized they already were, from last night. Poor things! So, I gave them food and water for tomorrow morning in the coop with them.

The farm tour went well from last weekend, I dont know if I told you about that. But it was a lot of fun for everyone. And I had a chance to see everything thru their eyes. Making it all new and interesting again- not all about what still needs to get done.

I'll talk later - gotta get some sleep. Just let me know you are alright.

Connie"

I'm alright. And hearing from Connie always keeps things in perspective.

No comments: