Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blogless in South Fort Myers


Yeah, I know - I've used Dr. Phil twice now.

So sue me.

Listen to the grinding sound of rose colored glasses being ground into the concrete by Skecher flip flops ...

Where have I been these past coupla months?

Living Large in Stupidville (population "me") after a year of monastic existence on the path to healing and enlightenment.

So we come to that old fable of the turtle and the scorpion.

The scorpion needs a ride across the river so he asks the turtle for help.

Turtle says "but you'll sting me and we'll both drown!" Scorpion says that scenario defies logic, he would never do anything that would cause his own destruction.

Halfway across ... sure enough. Stings the turtle in the neck and as they both begin to die, the turtle asks why.

Scorpion responds "It's my nature."

Snopes says the meaning is clear - some creatures cannot help what they are. "It matters not how gently they are treated, their innate nature will cause them to unleash grievous harm even upon those who have lavished loving kindness upon them."

Out of all the nice single guys out there who adore me, I let a Scorpion into my life.

The Dr. Phil poster ... I think I need to tape it to my mirror as a reminder every morning of how INCREDIBLY stupid I can be.

No comments: