Saturday, February 18, 2012

YOGA AND PIZZA


I don't get out much. A few weeks ago I was invited out with the girls after yoga. I haven't done dinner with that many women in maybe 10 years. OMG - the drama and complexity of it all. I chuckled through the meal and was laughing out loud by the time I got home. It had to come out somehow. It came out in a poem.

YOGA AND PIZZA
 
CASUAL DINING IN THE AGE OF DIETARY SPECIFICITY.
By Micki Suzanne (C)


Lie gently over stripey blankets, rest in meditation.
Feel your body inside out through focus, concentration.

Close your fingers, thumbs in fists.
Shut your eyes and roll your wrists.

Up dog, down dog, warriors 1, 2, 3.
Cool it down and rest a bit and then you find you’re free.

It’s Sondra’s birthday … someone knows.
Join us for dinner? Well yes I suppose.

An easy drive, just down the street.
Slip into jeans and then we’ll meet.

Large round table, big noisy place.
Jockey for seats and stake out your space.

It’s too cold. It’s too hot!
It’s just right. No it’s not!
 
“What would you girls like to drink?”
Iced tea, unsweet. Me too … I think.

Ice water with lemon. Water lemon no ice.
Ice water NO lemon. Diet Coke would be nice.

“Who wants pizza, what do you say?"
We all have issues, will that be ok?

I don’t eat meat, so veggie please.
I’m lactose intolerant, so hold the cheese.

Gluten intolerant - no pizza for me.
Eggplant parm will be nummy, you’ll see.

One pizza for two. Three pizzas for one.
Rollatini for me - and then there was none.

“Did you save room? Can I bring the tray?”
Well no, well maybe, well yeah, sure - you may.

Too much chocolate … or not quite enough.
Too fried. Too sweet. Deciding was tough.

Is this made with gluten? I need to be wary.
I do too … is that made with dairy?

It took five minutes to have our fill.
And then twenty more to figure the bill.

They smiled when we left but I’m sure I know;
they had to be glad to see us all go:-)

No comments: