Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Note to Women: Screw Being a Good Samaritan.




Don't you just want to neuter the arrogant jackass in this photo? (Well I'd also like to have a lengthy chat with the victim to his left.)

I am catching up with my blogging. This blog is really important.

From 1/19/09 ....

I think we women get to this place in our heads where we forget not everyone is a local, not everyone can be trusted.

xxx is like most of us - genuinely caring of friends and strangers. So xxx and I were hanging out and talking yesterday.

She said "I wasn't going to tell you about this but I'm going to." We were at CinCin Friday night. Before midnight this guy spotted us and bought us drinks. (We didn't even want them, we were about ready to leave.)

He made fun of some very attractive guys who had walked in. I thought that was weird.

He bought us both wine - about $8/glass. I didn't want anything more to drink - I took one sip and put it back on the table. He seemed upset by that and insisted we take our drinks with us.

I don't steal restaurant glasses.

He struck me as a trust fund guy ... tall and googly with more money than brains. Brown hair ... sort of preppy dresser. He said his name was Jeff. He was maybe 36 and he "seemed" to be very drunk.

Everyone - including the "very attractive guys" were going to the Buddha Bar so we did go. I've never been. It's close, I decided to meet them there.

At the Buddha Jeff wanted to dance and I couldn't stand the arm-waving way he danced or the cigarette smoke, so I made an excuse to leave. I also would not chug the shots he bought. He was VERY insistent. That struck me as odd too.

xxx said Jeff 's friends convinced her to drive him home because he was so drunk. Like most of us, I'm sure xxx thinks drunk means helpless and fairly manageable if they become a problem. That HAS been my experience.

He lives in a gated community on McGregor (very confusing to get into and even more confusing/scary to get out of.) She pulled up and wanted him out of her car, basically. He grabbed her car keys from the ignition and ran upstairs to his place.
She had to follow him to get them, at which point he magically "sobered up", hauled off and smacked her hard across the face. (xxx is probably 5'0" and maybe 100 lbs.) He was about 6' tall and wiry.

Then he raped her. She remembers trying to relax so he wouldn't do too much damage.

He was such a psycho he said "now let's go to bed and do it right" and she played along by saying "let me go to the bathroom first, I'll be right in" and the second his back was turned she ran. She said she would have run naked.

His condo is close to CinCin. She said he told her he had a child but she saw no toys. The place was upscale - very nice, neat and clean like he may be married.

She has totally blanked out on where it is now. She figured the cops would never believe her so she didn't file a report.

I'm making it my job to spread word so other women know he's dangerous. Remember the key trick. This guy has probably done this before.Remember he's very generous about buying drinks ... too generous and very insistent.

We can't sic the cops on him, but we can spread the word. I talked to two cops personally - one retired and one still active duty ... they were both furious; one by the fact that xxx was so naive - the other by the fact that sex crimes like this "happen all the time".

I would give just about anything to nail this guy. Well, hopefully word will get out. Maybe someone else he's raped will see this and we can actually get him arrested; but people will have to step forward.

No comments: