Tuesday, May 13, 2008

China's Instant Karma

Nobody is saying it. So I will.

China has been raining down shit on Tibet since what - 57? More recently to an extent where there is global outcry and protest of the olympics ... China's day in the sun, their opportunity to show "how far they've come".

Well, when you've come "that" far you don't rain down shit on ancient, peaceful, spiritually based cultures ... DO YOU? You don't spend decades destroying temples, killing and imprisoning monks and nuns.

DO YOU???!!!

I just find it interesting that the violence has been rained back down on the perpetrators in such a dramatic way. An earthquake, totally shaking things up, killing the innocent of a country that kills innocents.

I am remembering a photo years back of a fire on a hillside in California where the only home that went unscathed was inhabited by a Buddhist. (I tried to find it online, but couldn't. Oh well, the image is permanently affixed to my memory banks.)

And I recall one of my favorite Far Side cartoons, wherein a white bearded God in flowing white robes is sitting at his computer screen looking at some hapless fool ... preparing to click the "smite" key.

The irony here is that every good Buddhist will be praying for the Chinese who are enduring this profound tragedy. Despite what they have done to the world's most compassionate people.

I will pray too.

No comments: